Located in Nablus city, Jabal An-Nar Club was established in 2003 by 25 Palestinian activist figures in the political, social and sport fields. The club was founded as a youth organization working to develop the skills of the Palestinian youth in Nablus in the social, economic, cultural and sport fields beside voluntary work.
Due to Jabal An-Nar Club’s strong relations with youth and the trust gained by the local community in Nablus Governorate especially by universities and other youth institutions, both male and female youth are encouraged to become involved members in the club and participate in its various activities. The club, in addition, has allowed both gender youth from other northern governorates, (as Tubas, Jenin, Tulkarem, Salfit and Qalqilya), to take part in its activities. In 2009, the services of Jabal An-Nar were expanded after establishing a Youth Development Resource Center (YDRC) in the club to include a group of intensive trainings as ICT and media trainings as well as awareness activities, and leadership and Empowerment for Fresh Graduates (EFG) trainings.
The Club consists of 70 members of General Assembly who elect the board of directors (nine members).
The members of the board of directors in the club:
- Dirar Tuqan , Chairman
- Awnee Donbok , Deputy Chairman
- Amjad Shqir , General Secretary
- Bashaar Yauish , Treasurer
- Mohammad Souaan , Head of Scout Committee
- Abed Al-Hadi Basheer, Head of Youth Committee
- Bahaa Jarrar, Head of PR Committee
- Salmah Abu Yassin Jarrar , Head of Arts And Cultural Committee
- Wadaah Al-Dalal , Head of Sports Committee
The Vision of Jabal An-Nar:
Youth are active contributors in community development
The Message of Jabal-An-Nar Club:
Develop the skills and capabilities of youth from both genders in Nablus Governorate, in order to reach their personal and social goals.
The Strategic Goals of Jabal An-Nar for the time period 2017-2022:
- The first strategic goal: Provide employment opportunities for youth.
- The second strategic goal: Activate the social, economic and political roles of youth.
- The third strategic goal: Enhance the performance of the club to get continuity and self-reliance.
- The fourth strategic goal: Contribute in the development of the social and entertainment conditions of children and marginalized people in Nablus Governorate.
The Basic Units of Jabal An-Nar:
First, Media and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Unit: The unit offers training and workshops for youth in the following fields:
- Graphic design
- Film making
- Basic computer skills
- Computer maintenance
- Social media.
The unit also provides other media services such as film production, TV spot production and media coverage, for various events and conferences.
Second, Youth Programs Unit : The Youth Programs Unit provides programs and activities that enhance the leadership and community outreach skills and capacities of youth to serve different segments of the local community. These programs and activities include:
- Youth Serve Palestine (YSP) Training: YSP training builds youth’s personal skills and capabilities in leadership and in planning and implementing various activities and campaigns.
- Youth Initiatives : Youth design and implement initiatives and campaigns that aim to serve various segments of the local community including marginalized groups.
- Trainings and Various Workshops: that aim at reinforcing the skills and capabilities of the Palestinian youth in different fields, so that their needs are met, and they become active contributors in improving their reality.
- Clowning and Entertainment Activities: The club has an official Clowning and Entertainment Team, which conducts activities for local community members of all ages on a regular basis. The club also organizes summer and winter camps for both youth and children .
Third, Employment Unit: The Employment Unit works to prepare university students and recent graduates to enter the labor market and and succeed in the workplace. Trainings include:
- Be Ready for Work Training: Be Ready for Work training assists youth graduates to better market themselves and improve their overall employability skills as reporting, CV writing and interview preparation.
- External and Internal Internships: Jabal An-Nar creates opportunities for youth to intern at local private and public sector organizations and institutions. The internship provides youth valuable, hands-on, practical experience in the professional world that can give them the edge to secure jobs and succeed in the workplace.
- Support and Career Counseling: Jabal An-Nar offers Tamheed career advising to assist youth to recognize their strengths and areas for improvement and make decisions about their future career. It also aids graduates to identify and obtain jobs suited to their abilities, personal traits and interests. Tamheed offers constant support for graduates both individually and in groups.
- Empowerment for Fresh Graduates (EFG) Program: EFG is a comprehensive program, which is divided into two distinct stages:
- The Intensive Technical Training: 90 hour training that gives graduates the basic skills needed for the workplace. There are five primary trainings: Public Relations for Work, Media for Work, Principles of Accounting and Finance for Work, ICT for Work and Be Ready for Work.
- Internship: Following the intensive training program, participants are placed in internships at various Palestinian private and public sectors as well as civil society institutions.