Media and ICT Unit
Media and Information Technology Unit
The management in Jabal An-Nar Club decided in 2016 to merge the units of Media and Information Technology together into a single integrated unit working to satisfy the needs of the local community, in general, and the Palestinian youth, in specific, in the fields of media and ICT (Information and Communication Technology). So, the unit offers a series of services, trainings and activities that work to develop various media and ICT skills.
The services and training programs offered by the unit are divided into three primary categories:
A. Media Services and Activities: The unit offers a series of distinctive services in the fields of visual, audio and written media, as follows:
- Production of Creative Awareness Films and Spots: The unit embraces the creative ideas of youth by transforming them into many spots and films, and then shares them with the public.
- Media Trainings: The unit holds specialized training sessions for different age groups, including children and youth. Topics include: photography and photo editing, TV editing, film making, graphic design as well as social media.
- Services Offered to Companies and Organizations: The unit offers many services in this direction, as follows:
- Producing documentary films and advertising spots for other organizations so that they are used in conferences or events
- Building and designing advertising and publicity campaigns. This includes building an advertising identity for organizations, and designing books, magazines, periodicals, researches and annual reports in addition to designing and implementing high quality advertisements
- Designing, organizing and managing community events beside social and commercial events
- Offering media coverage for different events and conferences, using the most advanced technologies and equipment.
B. Information and Communication Technology (ICT): The unit seeks to increase the ICT literacy rate among the local community and develop the IT skills of graduates and other interested youth, through offering a group of workshops and specialized training sessions, as follows:
- IT Workshops: These include a group of specialized workshops in various ICT skills, held by either the staff members of the unit or external specialized experts.
- Computer Basics Trainings for Graduates: “ICT for Work” is an example of this type of trainings as it works to develop the graduates’ IT skills that the employers need in the daily office work. This training also seeks to familiarize the graduates with some other distinctive IT skills and applications so that they better compete in the labor market.
- IT Summer Camps: The IT summer programs provide youth from age group of 14-22 with a number of IT skills in the fields of web programing, means of modern technologies, social media, in addition to basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the use of PCs and smartphones.
- Basics in Computer and Smartphones Maintenance: It includes workshops that aim to introduce the software and hardware components of the computer and/or smartphones to the participants, teach them how to deal with them, and equip them with skills needed for their inspection and maintenance.
C. Practical Training and Internship Programs for University Students and Fresh Graduates:
The unit provides practical training and and internship opportunities to university students and graduates specializing in journalism & media, graphic design, information technology and other related fields.The purpose of these opportunities is to reinforce the trainees’ media and IT skills and increase their employment opportunities in the future.
The unit has also made a lot of partnerships with international IT organizations, such as: Cisco, Microsoft and Intel, to implement lots of international IT programs including: Intel Learn Program with Intel, Myteec program, and IT Essentials training with Cisco. These programs, in fact, have benefited thousands of youth, women and children during the past years.