The Employment Unit was established in 2015 to enhance the graduates’ and university students’ opportunities to get future jobs within the high levels of unemployment and big numbers of yearly fresh graduates from different specializations and universities. This is achieved by a group of trainings and programs implemented by the unit, as follows:
- Both Internal and External Employment Trainings: This program aims to prepare graduates for the labor market through both a practical training in the departments and units of the Jabal An-Nar Club, and a practical training in other organizations in partnership with Jabal An-Nar Club.
- Empowerment for Fresh Graduates (EFG) Program: This distinctive, comprehensive program consists of two primary stages:
- The Intensive Training Stage: It consists of 90 training hours to provide the graduates with the basic skills needed in the workplace. This stage includes five types of primary trainings which are: Public Relations for Work, Media for Work, Principles of Accounting and Finance for Work, Information Communication Technology (ICT) for Work and Be Ready for Work.
- The Field Training stage: This stage works to involve the participants in a temporary work experience by offering external internship opportunities in the Palestinian private and public sectors as well as civil society institutions.
- Be Ready for Work: This training assists graduates to better market themselves in labor market as it reinforces their skills in CV and cover letter writing, and interview preparation in addition to other employability- related skills.
- Trainings Specialized in Business Environment: Jabal An-Nar Club offers graduates and university students specialized trainings in the fields of public relations, ICT, media, English, and accounting & finance, in order to equip them various skills needed for the labor market.
- Support and Career Guidance: This happens through constant and direct support for the graduates, whether individually or collectively. Tamheed is one of the very prominent programs specialized in this field whose purpose is to help youth identify their strengths and areas for improvement, and make better decisions about their future career by getting jobs suitable for their interests and personal traits.